Hello Mommy’s Favorite Things readers, Kristin from ChefBoyardee here. I am excited to be writing for Heather today! Let me introduce myself. I live in Chicago with my Bichon Frise, Joey. What I love most about the city is that there’s always something to do: grab drinks with friends, stroll along the Riverwalk, check out a new exhibit at the Field Museum, ride a Divvy bike on Lake Shore Drive and so much more. When I am not exploring new pockets of the Windy City, I am cooking one of my favorite dishes or a new recipe from Pinterest.
I don’t know about you, but summer flew by for me! As the weekend barbecues come to an end, it’s time to get ready for activity-packed schedules.
With back-to-school season around the corner, easy-to-make dinner ideas for weeknights become essential. That’s what I love about lasagna—it’s so simple to make and delicious! With this ravioli-spin on a classic Italian dish, you get a creamy texture from layers of cheese and spinach. This ravioli lasagna recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make, so you have more time to drive the kids to practice and help with homework!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup loose leaf spinach, washed
- 2 cans Chef Boyardee® Beef Ravioli
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray your glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine ravioli, drained tomatoes and Italian seasoning in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave until mixture is hot. Combine cottage cheese, spinach and black pepper in a separate bowl.
3. Place half of ravioli mixture in bottom of your glass baking dish. Top with half of cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Bake for 15 minutes.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I do! Check out Chef Boyardee’s website for more recipe ideas for cooking with kids!