Fall is almost here, with kids going back to school it kind of seems it's already arrived. Also with kids going back to school, the days can seem to get even more hectic, especially with Fall after school activities and sports. So that's why I'm here with a super easy, slow cooker recipe to make dinner easy and ready for you when you arrive home from the extracurriculars!
This soup is ridiculously easy and requires very little prep (pouring in cans doesn't even count as prep does it??)
-1 can (10-11 oz) enchilada sauce
-1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes with green chilis
-1 can (15 oz) corn, drained
-1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
-1 can (15 oz) chili beans in mild sauce
-1 and a 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-2 cups chicken broth
-1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
-1/2 tsp ground cumin
-3/4 tsp paprika
-1 tsp salt
-1 and a 1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/4 tsp black pepper
Optional additions: Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, avocado, cilantro, lime juice
1. In a large slow cooker, add in the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, corn, black beans, chili beans and chicken breasts
2. Add in the chicken broth and all seasonings and stir well.
3. Cover and place on high for 3-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred using 2 forks.
5. Cube the cream cheese and plop into slow cooker, stir well and add cream cheese and chicken to slow cooker. Continue cooking until cream cheese is melted.
6. Stir the soup well to incorporate the cream cheese.
7. Serve with desired garnishes/toppings!
Here is mine with sour cream and shredded cheddar mixed in