This post contains an affiliate link
Baking Soda is such a versatile and awesome product. I always have it in my house. I buy this 13.5 pound bag about 1-2 times a year and use it for almost all my cleaning!! Check out some of the awesome ways to use baking soda below!
1. Scouring Powder for Cleaning
2. Gentle Flat top Stove Cleanser
Dampen the stove, sprinkle on and wipe down like normal. It scrubs so nicely!
3. Removes Odors from Refrigerator
4. Put in Bottom of Garbage Can to Absorb Odors
5. Sprinkle in Shoes to Absorb Odors
6. Add to Laundry to Aid in Cleaning and Remove Odors
A few tablespoons per load does the trick.
7. Add to Bath Water to Relieve Itchy or Sunburned Skin
1/2 cup per bath is so soothing.
9. Use in Conjunction with Vinegar to Clean Drains
Pour in a cup of baking soda, then add a cup of vinegar and watch the fizz work!
10. Soak Toothbrushes in Water and Baking Soda to Clean Bristles
11. Damp Sponge Dipped in Baking Soda Paste Removes Coffee and Tea Stains from Mugs
12. Sprinkling Baking Soda on your Steps/porch will Melt Ice
13. Pat on Underarms to Absorb Moisture and Keep Odors Away
14. Use as a Facial Scrub and Exfoliant
Mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water and scrub away.
15. Put Baking Soda in your Palm, Add Shampoo and Wash as Normal
It removes product build up from your hair and scalp
16. Add it to Spas for a Purger
17. Add it to Cat Litter Boxes
18. Clean your Microwave
On a damp sponge to gently cleans inside and outside the microwave. Rinse with water
19. Clean your Floors
Add 1/2 cup to a bucket of water and mop floor. Rinse with water.
20. Clean your Walls
On a damp sponge, add baking soda and gently wipe the marks on the wall
21. Clean your Cloth Diapers
Dissolve 1/2 cup in a large pot/bucket of water and soak clean diapers overnight
22. Clean your Cars
Mix 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 quart warm water and use a sponge to gently wipe surfaces. It cleans off bugs GREAT!
23. Deodorize your Dishwasher
Use it to deodorize before you run the dishwasher and as a gentle cleanser in the wash cycle
24. Deodorize Carpets
Sprinkle liberally on carpets, let sit overnight and then vacuum like normal
25. Deodorize Pet Bedding
Sprinkle liberally on bedding, wait a bit and then vacuum it up
26. Give Stuffed Animals New Life
Sprinkle on stuffed animals, let sit 15 minutes or longer and then brush off
27. Fruit and Vegetable Scrub
Interesting right? Put on a damp sponge and scrub the dirt away from food
28. Clean your Grill
Put it on a damp brush and scrub your grill grate
29. Clean Hairbrushes and Combs
Soak in 1tbsp baking soda and a small amount of warm water. Rinse and then dry
30. Pet's Teeth
Use baking soda to brush your pet's teeth. Leaves them sparkling clean!
What are your Baking Soda tips? Leave them below!!