I have no idea how long I'll need nipple cream, but I figured it was worth it to figure out how to make my own and do it myself. So here is an EASY recipe!
(Links are exact items used)
2 parts Shea Butter
1 part Beeswax
I used everything above except for about 2 small chunks of the Beeswax.
I started by shredding the beeswax, but it was taking forever, so I just cut it up.
I used 1 bar of Beeswax (minus the 2 chunks) and then roughly 2oz of coconut and 2oz of shea. Give or take. Not an exact science.
1. Create a double boiler on the stove and get it boiling.
2. Put in coconut oil and melt
3. Add in shea and melt
4. Add in beeswax and fully melt (this one takes the longest)
5. Take off heat and let cool a little
6. Pour into container of choice and let cool overnight
Then just cap it and use it! It's really soft!!
The above amounts got me 4oz of cream. I used an old baby food jar.
If you want more, up the amounts.
This would make a great new mommy gift :)