An awesome HEALTHY recipe for after the Holidays! It's what we all need to get back on track!
- 1 cup Dried Lima Beans
- 2tbsp olive oil
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 8-16oz of sliced mushrooms (your choice of kind)
- 3/4 of a Butternut squash, cubed
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 cups chicken broth
- salt, pepper
- 1/2 bunch of kale (stems removed and leaves thinly sliced)
- Shredded Parmesan (optional)
- Soak beans overnight in water. Drain
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion powder and garlic powder and cook until mushrooms are tender. About 6-8 minutes
- Add in squash, beans, bay leaf and stock. Season with pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover partially.
- Cook until beans are just tender, about an hour. Stir in kale and cook until tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Season with salt
Serve into bowls and then I shredded some Parmesan on top! It is such a healthy recipe, it's really yummy too!!