I received compensation for this post
Ingredients: (two servings)
* 2 1/4 cups watermelon (cut into cubes and freeze)
* 1 fresh banana
* 1 large lemon or 2 small limes, squeezed
* 1/2 cup coconut water
* 1/2 tablespoon grade B maple syrup
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high-speed until mixture is frosty. You can begin with 1/4 cup of coconut water, and add more for desired consistency. After blended, pour into chilled or frosted glasses, garnish with a slice of fresh watermelon and enjoy. It's so simple, and only takes five minutes to prepare.
Healthy Tip: You can substitute cantaloupe or honeydew and flavor to taste. For a slight kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper.
Ingredients: (one serving)
* 1 ripe banana (use frozen bananas for thicker smoothies)
* 1 cup frozen strawberries
* 1 1/2 cups vanilla soy milk or gelato
* 1/2 cup frozen pomegranate seeds
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium-high speed 4-5 minutes until creamy. Serve in a chilled glass with a long straw or tasting spoons. Note: You may have tiny pieces of unblended pomegranate seeds in your smoothie, but they will add interesting texture.
Healthy Tip: Pomegranate seeds are rich in fiber, potassium, vitamin K, and heart-healthy antioxidants. You can buy frozen pomegranate seeds at some grocers and store them in your freezer until needed.
Peaches and Cream
* 1 1/2 cups peach slices (use fresh peaches and freeze them)
* 1 ripe banana
* 3/4 cup vanilla soy milk or low-fat milk
* 1/2 cup vanilla soy yogurt or low-fat yogurt
* 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar for zest (optional)
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high-speed for 3-5 minutes until thick and creamy. Serve in a chilled float glass and top with whipped cream or your favorite gelato products and crushed almonds.
Healthy Tip: Peaches are a great summer fruit. They are loaded with fiber, potassium and vitamin A. One fresh peach only contains 37 calories.