If you want to get away, you usually have to pay a pretty penny. But vacations don’t have to be expensive, and if you do things right, you can have a fun and unique vacation that everyone will remember. Here are some things you can try if you want to make your own path:
- The More the Merrier – Make your vacation into a family reunion of sorts. When you have your extended family participate in your vacation, you can get group rates on practically anything. Group vacations allow you to get better rates on things like plane tickets, hotels, meals, transportation, museums, entertainment avenues and more. If you don’t fancy spending time with your long lost cousins, invite a few of your closest friends and their families. If you have children, they will enjoy having playmates, and you can also have some other adults to talk with and relax
- Stay and Play – One of the most expensive things about vacationing is the travel fees and accommodation costs. Consider having a vacation in your home city. In order to keep things from returning to their normal routine, make sure you plan out an itinerary and research things as if you had never experienced them before. It’s usually easier to find discounts in your home area, and at the end of a long day, you can return to your own bed.
- 1. Become a Lighthouse Keeper –Many coastal states allow you to experience the life of a lighthouse keeper, either for a small fee or free when you handle some of the duties. Some of these lighthouses have been converted to bed and breakfasts, but some of them give you free accommodations if you handle small tasks like light maintenance or guiding tours. If this is your thing, look to see whether the area you are interested in requires membership in the local lighthouse association.
- 1. House Swap–There are several services that let you put your house up for a swap. Rather than staying in a hotel, you swap houses with another vacationer, which helps you save money and delivers the comforts of home.
- 1. Volunteer–Take a vacation where you will be helping build homes, teaching a language, helping at an orphanage or something else entirely. This gives you something to do that you can feel good about, plus, you won’t be spending any extra money on entertainment. Usually a volunteer vacation is cheaper than others, but you will still be expected to pay your own travel fees to get to the new destination.
**This guest post was provided by Hapari swimwear—Providing fashionable, affordable and flattering tankinis for the real woman’s body. Hapari specializes in quality modest swimwear that supports, conceals and lifts for the average woman.**