I made these on Thursday night!
First the playdough recipe you can find a little ways down on my blog there, but I'll post it again with step by step instructions!
And here is how:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Vanilla essence or cinnamon
- Food Coloring
- Put all ingredients (minus coloring and vanilla/ cinnamon) in a pan (your child can help)
- Stir over a medium (!) heat. Until smooth/ less sticky looking. If very sticky, cook a little longer. Probably a total of 10minutes?
- Let cool.
- Divide into three batches and add food coloring / smellies
- Store in fridge
Starting to get thicker
This is about the right consistency (Well a little thicker)
Flattened out on a cutting board so it can cool
Separated and put gel color into. It's hard to mix gel color
As I said, it's HARD to mix gel color so this is the best I could do
They are in the fridge and have been played with twice already!
NOW here I made Banana Bread! YUM. It was so delicious and unbelievably easy!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup) I CUT DOWN TO 3/4
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
Here are my steps!
Mash bananas. I used none other than a potato MASHER
Melt 1/3 cup butter and add
Add Egg, Vanilla, and Sugar
Add flour last
Pour into loaf pan and DONE
Don't they look DELICIOUS??
They were so tasty and gone in 2 days!!! Good breakfast and I can see myself making this often as we always have very ripe bananas!!